When you create a healthy lifestyle through nutrition, it’s important to listen to your body and spirit. We don’t have to eliminate the foods we love, and punish ourselves by eating foods that have a horrible taste. By simply modifying our diet, we will be able to enjoy healthy eating and really feel good about the foods we eat. Keep in mind, as we get older some foods will not agree with our digestion as they once did. You will need to add supplements to make up for lack of nutrition or to help you with your digestion. Nutritional balance is the primary key, but you should always listen to your body, how you feel, and especially enjoy the foods you eat.
- Green leafy vegetables (spinach, kale, arugula), vegetables high in vitamins (broccoli) and fruits high in antioxidants (raspberries, blueberries).
- We suggest whole, organic grains such as quinoa, kamut, spelt, amaranth, brown rice, Ezekiel, or gluten-free products. Eliminate white flour.
- Add organic Flaxseed or Chia Seeds to your smoothies, juices, or salads (keep in refrigerator: ground fresh, minutes before consuming to prevent oxidation). These foods are natural stool softeners. They provide fiber, give you a source of “good” oils, and will lubricate your body tissues.
- Use alternatives other than diary (soy, rice, almond, or coconut milk). Vegan cheeses, hummus, avocados, and soaked nuts.
- Juice whenever possible. You get the most vitamins and minerals by juicing. You by-pass your digestive process and the food nutrients will travel directly to your cells.
- When making smoothies, add whey, which is a protein powder, or greens mix for added nutrition.
- Eat Organic foods as much as possible.
- Take Probiotics daily (to maintain balance between 80 – 85% good bacteria to 15 – 20% bad bacteria in the colon). Talk to one of our therapists about which probiotic is the right one for you.
- Take digestive enzymes/hydrochloric acid daily to ensure your food is being digested, metabolized, assimilated, and eliminated properly. Premier Research Labs offers 2 amazing supplement products which are sold at Clear Way Health.
- Drink a minimum of 8 ounces of water per day. Eliminate carbonated drinks and switch to decaffeinated coffees and teas.
- Heavy flesh proteins (meat, lamb) as these are harder to digest especially at night.
- Alcohol (limit alcohol consumption to a maximum of 2 times per week. Red wine is best.
- White flour
- Fried foods
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Drink liquids ½ hour prior to meals or 2 hours after eating (liquids dilute the digestive enzymes in the body). Make sure your water is room temperature and not cold.
- Practice proper food combining, as follows: (to ensure food is being digested properly thereby freeing up the body with more energy since all foods digest at different rates). For example, eat fruits first during the meal.
- Combine proteins with vegetables
- Practice dry skin brushing (purchase a natural bristle brush: looks like the type with the long handle that you use in the shower) brush in long strokes towards the heart prior to getting in the shower. (to move the lymphatic system and remove dead skin cells)
- Sweat daily (exercise, do yoga, Go for a hike)
- Breathe deeply daily (especially under stress). Incorporate a daily mediation routine.
- Find a special interest that brings you joy regularly.
- Pay attention to your emotional body – notice how you are feeling; allow the feelings to express themselves.
Drink a Delicious morning Smoothie,
8 oz. unsweetened almond milk, 2 scoops FitSmart Shake™ (chocolate flavor, 10g fiber, 20g protein), 1 apple (cut-up), 1 large banana, 2 teaspoons Quantum Lecithin, 1 T. Quantum Greens Powder, 1 T. chia seeds. Add ice. Blend until smooth.
Please contact Talya Meldy at (310) 391-2017 for a consultation.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease